Friday, July 15, 2011

2011 Convention Fun Day One!

Well, it's not ACTUALLY day one..... the convention kicked off with a party Wednesday night, but this was day one of general sessions and breakout classes. The real day one was a little stressful. First off I hadn't finished all my swaps and stayed up all night trying! Staying up all night wasn't too big of a deal though because the plan was to leave the house at 3:30 am to get to the airport in time. It is my opinion that if you need to leave the house at 3:30, you would probably be getting up at 2:30 and if you have to wake up at 2:30 then you may as well stay up all night! Besides, I still had those darn swaps to finish! But I felt really good because at least I got everything stamped and cut out so all I had to do was assemble and surely I could do that on the plane, right?
WRONG! even with my nose to the grindstone I didn't get them finished! But have no fear because I'm traveling with the "Crazy Stamping Ladies" team. Maureen, Heidi, Julie, Maria & Christel.... you guys are lifesavers, thanks for all your help finishing my swaps! I managed to get them done with an hour to spare! The swap was a lot of fun and I met some really wonderful demonstrators from all over the US. Saturday the Crazy Stamping Ladies are getting together to do a shoebox swap of our own and also to take pictures of the swaps we have all received during the convention. After that I will post pictures of my favorites!

But for now, here are a few pictures of the Crazy Stamping Ladies having fun so far at Convention this year:


All the first time attendees got to walk across the stage and here's Christel:


Anyone who recruited also got to walk, and here's Heidi, Maureen, Julie and Maria:


Look how cute Heidi and her mom Maureen are:

This was at awards night. Way to go Heidi.... you so deserve to be an Artisan Award Winner!

Here is Heidi on Main Stage with the other winners.... doesn't she look great up there?!!!

Tomorrow I will get a picture of Heidi's display so you can see her winning entry.

Lastly, a photo of the gifts I made (in the hotel room) for my convention buddies:

Maybe my new nickname should be "last minute girl!"

I can't wait to share more convention highlights with you, but for now I'll say good-bye. It's late and I need my beauty sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cookin'?

I'd LOVE to hear from you!