Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Classroom Treats & A GIANT mess!

Before I show you the picture of the classroom treats my kids made, I wanted to show you a picture of the one MY friend made:

It turned out to be my favorite! This one came from my friend Michelle. She makes beautiful beaded jewelry. She called me one day and asked if she could borrow a fish stamp to make tags for the treats she was making for her son's class. I said "sure! come on over" and she did. But there was one small problem..... out of the many 1000's of stamps I have, I didn't have one single fish stamp! But then I remembered seeing the ornament punch used to make a fish so I grabbed that off my wall and brought it to her. I didn't have a sample to show her and I had never made one, but for Michelle I knew it wouldn't be a problem. When I handed her the punch she saw the fish right away and turned it sideways! Then she went to town and created the most adorable Valentine tag.... not at all "girly" and just perfect for her son's class! She brought me one of the finished treats and lucky for you I remembered to take a picture of it before my son ate it! In case you're wondering.... it's a chocolate covered Oreo... and YES, she piped on the seaweed and added the edible pearl bubbles! See... I told you she was creative!!!

Now, here is a picture of the Valentines that my kids made:

Their friends came over to work on Valentines too. It never ceases to amaze me how creative kids can get when you let them have the freedom to experiment! All I did was make a sample or two so they could have a little inspiration. I put out different colored cardstock, extra scrapbook paper, scraps of this 'n that, some glitter (gotta have glitter), a few assorted punches, glue, glue dots, tape, scissors, ribbon, pearls, etc. Well, let's be honest here.... I pretty much threw everything but the kitchen sink at those poor kids!!! They barely had enough room to work! Check out this mess:



Thanks for stopping by today!
~Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cookin'?

I'd LOVE to hear from you!