Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Card No. 2

Thanks for stopping by again! Here is the second card I made using the awesome background stamp "Christmas Collage" from Stampin Up! I went a little more vintage this time around adding one of the images from the "Greeting Card Kids" stamp set. Did I tell you how MUCH I love that set? I think I might even be starting to enjoy water coloring!!! To get the vintage look I started with Very Vanilla cardstock. (Whisper White seemed too bright) I knew the black ink would be too harsh so I went for the Early Espresso which looks great on the Very Vanilla by the way! I sponged the edges with early espresso and also used the color spritzer tool to make it look a little more aged. After everything was colored in, I took a white gel pen to the hat, scarf and coat on the little girl. It helps it to stand out, don't you think? Anyway, This was the card we made at my monthly stamp club meeting. The ladies in my club really liked it and I hope you do too!



Stampin Up Supplies:
Stamp Sets- Christmas Collage, Greeting Card Kids, Bells & Boughs
Cardstock- Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
Ink- Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette
Other- Blush Blossom and Early Espresso Stampin Write Markers, White gel pen, Gold Waffle Paper, color spritzer tool

If you want to see more samples with these sets come back to my blog in a few days... Or better yet, receive updates by email automatically! You can become a subscriber by clicking the link in the sidebar of my blog! I have two more samples with these sets, plus a few other Christmas cards to share as well as some Christmas projects!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cookin'?

I'd LOVE to hear from you!