Friday, December 11, 2009

EASY Christmas gift idea!

I don't know about you, but I enjoy giving a gift just as much as I do receiving one. (well, almost!) Every year in my group of SU demonstrator friends, we pick names and participate in what we call "Secret Stampin' Sisters." Every month we are supposed to make a card for our SSS and/or a small little gift. Then in December, when we have our holiday party, we do the big reveal! Here is a photo of one of the gifts I made for my SSS. It is a deliciously scented holiday candle I picked up during my "black Friday" shopping trip. I think I paid $3.50 for it, but shhhhhh, don't tell!



Doesn't it look like I spent more than that?!!! I took some of Stampin Up!'s Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper and a strip of the Crushed Curry cardstock and made a "belly Band" to go around it. Then I added a matching ribbon, attched a bow, decorated the top using the scallop punches and "viola" a quick and easy gift! I also made her a pocket calendar with a matching pen using the same Designer Series Paper.

One of my favorite things about Stampin Up! is how they make it so easy to coordinate your projects. It makes sense to use paper and cardstock that match the ink... no guesswork involved! If you'd like to see more Stampin Up! products, be sure to visit my Stampin Up! Website or click the Stampin Up! logo in my side bar!

Until my next post...
Happy gift making!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Hey Theresa - time to post something - I want to see more of your creative ideas :) -Maureen

    ReplyDelete

What's cookin'?

I'd LOVE to hear from you!