Saturday, August 8, 2009

Chocolate Covered Bacon

Well, we had a great time at the fair and YES, I did find some inspiration for a few new cards. I will post as soon as I create them! But, my reason for this post is to tell you about the special "treat" we discovered..... CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON!

I know it sounds gross, but like the old saying goes... don't knock it til you try it! We stood outside the booth in disbelief, wondering if it could be some sort of joke. But the guy working the booth said it was yummy and oferred us a free sample. We figured, why not? Well, it was actually quite tasty! The bacon was extra crispy and cold. It was just like eating a refridgerated chocolate covered salty chip. Except for the fact that after you finish eating it there is a bacon after taste. Then you remember that you just ate bacon... covered in chocolate... and then you feel a little sick!!! So I didn't eat anything more than my free sample piece. Jim, on the otherhand ordered a batch for himself (and a beer to wash it all down!) I chose gelato for my treat and it was super delicious. Everyone knows women are smarter then men and here's your proof:



Here are some more fair photos:


Aidan REALLY enjoying his double chocolate gelato, notice all the napkins he needed!


An amazing cake I saw in the Youth Expo. Look at all the awards this 14 year old won!




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

What's cookin'?

I'd LOVE to hear from you!